Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Rediscovery of Grifball and Other Great Things From Kawaii-Kon

So this past weekend I spent most of my time at Kawaii-Kon. Every year it's the same play games and have some great times. We take one day to set up and have three days of letting hundreds of people play our systems. Like always, we system linked four systems together (There really need to be more LAN enabled games) and ran some 8 player hoonage.

While I do love the awesome stories that come from 8 players sitting next to each other and trash talking over the room, I realized how much I enjoyed playing Grifball. I can honestly say that I skipped Halo 4 this year because I thought it was just more of the same. After playing a few rounds of Grifball, I now want to set up a Grifball league.

Back when Grifball first started to gain popularity, I tried to join a Grifball League. Although because off the time difference (Hawaiian time sucks for playing with other people), I could barely make practices and games. Now there are people that are local that enjoy it, we just need to organize ourselves. I have started to organize something. Let's see how things turn out.

Kawaii-Kon also had some new additions this year. esportshawaii had an area with 4 PCs running Starcraft 2 and League of Legends. Great guys and an upstart in the community. They were a new area that we have never had in the Video Game Room and something that did well. We hope they come back with even more computers and even more games to play.

This Kawaii-Kon was another great experience with lots of new people to meet. I hope the room continues to grow and only gets better. There can only be more fun experiences and more games to play as the years go by.

Let's see if I can keep up with some actual blogging this year and not just forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment