Thursday, November 17, 2011

Free Player: penSPED

So an introduction is at hand. I go by the name of penSPED, and I am a gamer.

I started this as a way for a gamer, not part of the press, to get his view out to the world. The idea started as a podcast. That turned out to be a lot harder and a lot more work than we had anticipated. On top of that, it would cut into game time. So I decided to turn it into a twice a week blog. 

Now for all the basic stuff. My real name is Matt, I’m 26 years old and I have been gaming most of my life. My first gaming memory is something about Dragon’s Lair... All I remember is seeing the guy jumping and moving. After that I remember playing the NES, Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt! Then I played the best Mario game ever... Super Mario Brothers 2! (No that is not a typo, SMB2 is AMAZING) I remember playing Chip and Dale’s Rescue Rangers on the NES with my cousins. That damn game is a friendship breaker. The list of games on the NES goes on and on.

I then got a Gameboy. Gaming on the go changed my life and how video games play a roll in it. I eventually would get a Sega Genesis and later an N64. Great... two systems that played second fiddle to the top systems of that generation. Some where between the Genesis and the N64, I got into arcade and PC gaming. That part would last a good long while. I later bought what would become my favorite console, a Dreamcast. Not only was it the first game system I had bought on my own, but the games I had really opened my eyes to many games that I never really thought of. 

After the Dreamcast, I turned to the PS2 for my gaming fix. I got into my really hardcore gamer stage then.Gran Turismo 3, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, Counter Strike, and Ragnarok Online would engulf my life during the time. I would eventually buy myself an XBox for Halo and LAN Parties. Somehow a DS got mixed in there after that and Nintendogs took up a surprising amount of my time. I got a 360 soon after launch and after that died, I got myself an original Elite. Being the Limited Edition whore that I am, I had bought myself a new LE Gears 360. This is where I stand now... a 360 gamer with a yearning to get back into PC gaming. We know that won’t happen due to time and money constraints...

A lot of my best memories come from gaming. From Pokemon to Mario Kart, Halo to Zelda, Gran Turismo to Grand Theft Auto, Counter Strike to Ragnarok Online, I have played so many games in so many genres. Games are a huge part of my life, and I even worked at a GameStop for a while. I don’t have a favorite genre of game, I just love games. I can get hyped for a FPS, an action beat em’ up, or a racing game. I loved the Tony Hawk Series and I enjoy the Katamari series. I play everything from console games to mobile games. I was a huge PC gamer back in the day, I even did custom PC builds and overclocking. 

I currently am playing Battlefield 3 and Forza 4 on the XBox. I am greatly looking forward to SSX, Bioshock Infinite, and Mass Effect 3 next year. I don’t always play the same games or even the same type of games. I’m just up to playing games.

And now for the bad... I have a semi cynical, bastardized view of the world... and I hate everyone. I love games on the other hand. I am very vocal with my views on the world and what I like. That’s just some minor bad stuff. So come and play with me on XBox Live. 

Gamertag: penSPED

No comments:

Post a Comment